I set up the booklet to print in landscape format, with two separate pages side by side. I used 9 x 12 in construction paper as the cover.
To make the book:
- Download the PDF file. (click on File, then select Download)
- Print page 1 ONLY onto 9in. x 12in. colored construction paper.
- Print pages 2,3,4 and 5 on regular white paper.
- Flip the stack over and print pages 6,7,8, and 9.
- Page 6 should be on the back of page 2.
- Page 7 should be on the back of page 3.
- Page 8 should be on the back of page 4.
- Page 9 should be on the back of page 5.
I used a calligraphic font called Deutsch Gothic, downloaded from a free font site.
The kids LOVED the section where they could write their own spells. One of the funnier ones: "Morcana" which is the spell used to remove one's clothing (but not their underwear)!
Next Stop: Sorting Hat Ceremony